Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Theater Showing Today

The Monument will be shown in its first theater at 1:30PM today at the Newark Film Festival. I don't expect many people will be coming out to the movies today, but I'll be there along with some other filmmakers from Delaware. The Monument is being shown along with six other student films. One of the films being shown is directed by a good friend of mine, Andrew Czudak, whose editing know-how greatly surpasses mine.



While I'm excited to see something I made on a movie screen, I'm also anxious to put plans into motion for my next project. I've considered all of the work we put into The Monument, and while I certainly consider the project a success there are numerous things I wish I could have done differently. Sound is probably my largest issue with the film--something I plan to considerably tune for my next project.

As is expected, we'll also be running a Kickstarter fund to raise money for this second short. That's something else that will be tweaked. I'm also setting aside money to afford my own Macbook Pro and editing software so that I can work on the next project at home.

I hope to launch the project within the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment